Martin Kuppinger, founder and Principal Analyst at KuppingerCole recently spoke in his keynote presentation at the European Identity & Cloud Conference about how IT has to transform and how Information Security can become a business enabler for the Digital Transformation of Business.
He presented eight “Fundamentals for Digital Risk Mitigation”
- Digital Transformation affects every organization
- Digital Transformation is here to stay
- Digital Transformation is more than just Internet of Things (IoT)
- Digital Transformation mandates Organizational Change
- Everything & Everyone becomes connected
- Security and Safety is not a dichotomy
- Security is a risk and an opportunity
- Identity is the glue and access control is what companies need
I particularly like his statements about security being both risk and opportunity and that “Identity is the glue” that holds things together.
Wish I could have been there to hear it in person.