Author: Mark Dixon
Monday, September 17, 2012
I attended a very thought-provoking Kuppinger Cole webinar last week, entitled, “SAML is Dead. Long Live SAML,” featuring Craig Burton of Kuppinger Cole and Pam Dingle of Ping Identity. It is now available as an on demand webcast. My favorite slide addressed the sheer scale of what we are expecting to see in just a few years.
We are all familiar with big, complex operations now:
- Large enterprise Identity repositories: hundreds of thousands
- Large mobile telephony user repositories: low hundreds of millions
- Large social media sites: high hundreds of millions
Adding addressable devices and the API’s to support those devices is mind boggling.
- Devices by 2015: almost 3 billion
- API’s to support all those devices: almost 27 billion
Meeting that demand will take some real innovative technology and processes. The webcast was certainly worth an hour of my time. I highly recommend it to you.